She got invited to The White House.

Hey Nude-bies! Or do y’all prefer Vulnera-bites? Lol. (Vote in the comment section) Ok whatever… That’s not the point of my post today. So, if you read my last post, you’ll know that I’m in a season of Maximizing My Potential… Thank You Myles Munroe! It feels like Chapter 1 of that book ‘broke my water’ and I’m in labor. Consider yourselves special as I’m giving you access into the room as I PUSH. So, since my last post, guess what I did? I built my website! Yep! That’s right! Thank You Wix! I cranked it out over Labor Day weekend and I’m proud of the journey between ‘thinking about working on my website’ and ‘actually completing it.’ —There goes me “Maximizing My Potential!”— If you haven’t noticed already, I am sincere in letting this book change my life!

Barack Obama, Michelle Obama

So, as I’m building my website, there is the option to include social media handles. I blow the dust off of my Instagram account and log-in to see if the name of my company is still available… and it is! Before I know it, I’m scrolling through all of my old pictures, clicking on them to read the captions… and you can guess what happened next… I clicked on profiles of some very old friends. Wait What? She got invited to the White House? Why? She’s lying. I wonder what museum she’s at?— When did he become a part of their family? — Ok, I need to get off this thing. There was that silent stealer of my joy. I was over-joyed to have been so productive over this long weekend, and just like that— Comparison stole it! All of a sudden I became consumed with “silently lurking” on peoples profiles. I began to feel like, “Oh my goodness, I am missing out!” — Lie! The truth is— My genuine friendships are still in tact. I can no longer get away with “liking a picture” to qualify as me “checking in.” My absence from social media has forced me to be more intentional in building my friendships. Take my challenge if you want — Spend a month away from social media and see who picks up the phone to call you. Those are the people that matter. I deactivated my account. That’s done.

He was only trying to be helpful when he sent me the Youtube link. I watched it. I liked the message (very similar to my own) and the clarity of this video —excellent. I wanted this to be the template for the videos on my future Youtube channel (Stay tuned my nude-bies and vulnerab-ites!) So, of course — I googled the company — great website. Wait! How come there isn’t a page dedicated to the staff? Is that intentional? Should I do the same thing? Is there a strategy behind this? There it was again… That COMPARISON THING! Oh-em-Gee! Help me Lawd! Help my heart! What is that thing?  I am so grateful of this skill to be so damn self aware… But sshheesshhh…. Can I wallow in my comparison just a little bit longer? NO! NO! NO! I can write my own chapter on potential, and call it “COMPARISON WILL KILL YOUR POTENTIAL.”

Ladies and Gents, I’ve learned very quickly in the last couple of days  to “JUST DO ME.” Please take that in balance, as there is something to learn from people and companies that are doing well. But, I can’t get caught up in watching others live that I forget to live my own life. Most importantly, my audience is ONE. Jesus. Daily, I need to come before Papa and hand over my frail, insecure, jealous, proud, broken (insert other adjectives) heart…and ask Him to help me to live my best life….. MY best life. My best life will not look like the white house invite or the clean Youtube videos…. It will look like what is written in the book of MY destiny. I cherish the pruning of my heart on this issue so early in my journey. What would happen if I were 10 years into my business and finally realized that I’ve been living for others and not for me. #TimeWasted!

Thank you for the #TWEAK Papa!

img_3192

So, kudos to my guest writer for getting it right three blog posts ago… Purpose for me will not mirror Purpose for you.

I wonder how many of us would disqualify ourselves if life abided by rules of the Olympics…(Straight from the NBC Rio 2016 Olympic Website…)

For all Olympic sprint and hurdle events, runners must remain within their pre-assigned lanes, which measure 1.22 meters (4 feet) wide, from start to finish. The lanes are numbered 1 through 8, starting with the inside lane. Any athlete who runs outside the assigned lane is subject to disqualification.

Wow. #HolyGhostDance…. Can I get an Amen to that? There is an entire sermon in those set of rules. But I’m not going there today. Until next time my nude-bies and vulnerab-ites, I’ll  be running MY race!

See you in my next blog!

PS. Thanks for journey-ing  through life with me! If you know someone who might enjoy this, share my heart with them and remember to subscribe so we can keep in touch (top right corner)! Oh yeah and comment (top left corner)! You’d be surprised how your comments encourage other readers— because other readers, do read the comments! Don’t you? lol

1. #2 says:

“I can’t get caught up in watching others live that I forget to live my own life. Most importantly, my audience is ONE. Jesus.”

Let the church say Amen!

Congrats on the website! This entrepreneur life (insert emoji)

I’ve had to check my heart and motives when I started to tip toe outside my lane. That darn comparison almost had a sista ready to shut down operations. Nah, I kid!

Thankful that God meets us in this space. Thankful that He carbon copies wasn’t a part of his plan.

Oh and just in case our First Lady so happens to read this post….can a sista get an invite to the White House too?

Lol. Thanks for the read.

1. Constantly have to check my heart and motives. Constantly.

lol… not IF I get an invite… WHEN I do, surely I’ll ask for the space for you to share Isaiah 61 before Congress so they can allocate dollars to get it in the schools alongside My Project 🙂

2. AR says:

You nailed it again Missy!  Yes and Amen!  Absolutely, the best you you can be is you!  So be you girlfriend and don’t even concern yourself about comparisons!  If I worried about comparing myself to anyone other than me girl I would be a hot mess!  Here’s a secret…what I found out after 56 years of living, people were comparing themselves to me and I didn’t even know it for sooooo many years.  When I came to that realization, all those haters who tried acting like I didn’t know what I was doing, were jealous because I could care less about doing what the masses “thought” I should be doing and meanwhile I was simply doing what made me happy.  What made me happy was doing what the Father wanted me doing! That audience of one is real Mac!  Dancing for an audience of one and realizing He’s the one that placed those desires in my heart to begin with!  Oh if the world could simply capture that one truth, what a glorious world this would be!  No anorexia, no over eating, no fear of failure, no fear of success, no limited goods thinking oh my that list is too long but you get my point!  Love you miss you let’s connect soon!

1. “…all those haters who tried acting like I didn’t know what I was doing, were jealous because I could care less about doing what the masses “thought” I should be doing and meanwhile I was simply doing what made me happy.” —- Wow! What a great revelation. A great wisdom nugget for me to tuck in my back pocket! Not being concerned about what the masses think we should be doing. Thank you for sharing so candidly! 🙂 Big Hugs!

Comparison is natural, but it is not of God. Peter’s walk wasn’t Paul’s yet each had their place in the kingdom.
    Love the stay in your lane reference…true about so much of life.

1. … It is not of God. (Period.) Thanks for reading! 🙂

4. aseekerfinds says:

Aw man! I voted too lates! I was gonna vote for Nude-bies 😦

This summer, I was freed from the burden of comparison. Life abroad was so beautiful – I was around people who lived in community and encouraged and spurred each other on. Coming back to grad school, within one week, I’ve already been overwhelmed and caught up in the frenzy of hearing who started what company and got what investor and already has this job lined up and conversations with that head honcho after they wrote this research paper which was published in that top journal.

AGH!

I feel like the enemy is testing the liberation I’ve felt these past few months. Your post is real (as always) and helped me put the past week at school into perspective and gave me practical steps for moving forward: stay in my lane! And lay my burdens before Abba Father! (Props to the Holy Spirit – this coincides with a similar message I heard at church just yesterday).

My favorite part of this post is the Olympics’ blurb. Thanks for including and drawing that comparison. <—pun unintended, I swear!

1. ” Your post is real (as always) and helped me ” —- Praise God. That’s the goal of my blogging, to encourage you and help you discover that you’re not alone in a lot of these ‘awkward emotions.’ 🙂

5. WOW.WOW.WOWWW. Amennn!! “But, I can’t get caught up in watching others live that I forget to live my own life. Most importantly, my audience is ONE. Jesus.” I’ve realized that I can miss out on so much more when I fail to acknowledge what God is doing in MY life at any given time! When I focus on what so-and-so is doing, and wallowing in a self-pity soirée, it’s like I’m saying “God, You’ve messed up! You’ve failed me! Your promises to me are false!” OUCH! He is ALWAYS at work…in us! But we have to join Him, in the process! My prayer is that He continues to prune me daily as the Vine, so that there’s never any doubt that He’s running this thing! Kudos to you on creating your website, lady!!! Woot Woot!!! Once again, THANK YOU for sharing your heart! #TeamVulnerabites! Haha.😘

1. Yes! That is exactly what we’re telling God! What a great revelation! Thank you for being so faithful and encouraging as I peel pages off my heart, post after post! Lol… Your vote has been counted! ☺️ #TeamVulnerabites #CopyRight #ItsMine #TrademarkIt

6. TD says:

“COMPARISON WILL KILL YOUR POTENTIAL.”—-this is the truth!
    It’s in our human nature to constantly compare ourselves to one another. That’s definitely something I need to work on myself . LOVED this post!!

P.s. Im kinda feeling “Nude-bies” lol

1. Scripture tells us that “He who compares himself is not wise.” -2 Cor. 10:12 … So in other words our human nature is quite foolish! Help us Jesus!

One vote cast for “nude-bies” — Counted!

So true. The trap with social media is that you do get caught up watching everyone else live their lives while your own remains stagnant. I have been struggling with that for a while now and trying to break free from it.

1. Vanessa! The struggle is real!!! So real! I’m scared to ask you what’s ‘a while’ 😨 — but it doesn’t even matter … Let’s take our runners mark, and stay in our lane 😎

8. Dina says:

It’s funny how we’re all on social media, looking at other people’s pages and don’t even realize we’re constantly comparing ourselves to others. You’re right comparison is a potential killer. The worst is, we don’t even notice it. Definitely appreciate you for writing this piece. Great work!

1. Dina my darling! We are all guilty of the silent lurking! Glad you could relate. Thank you for always reading and sharing— I appreciate you too! 💖

9. Melludi says:

Okay, get out of my head! I took a break from social media for the same reasons – sick and tired of the comparison game! I realized my marriage won’t ever look like someone else’s…nor my children…nor my ministry. In fact, that’s not even what God wants! Your post is also a reminder of how vulnerable and fallible we are as humans…even when we think we are on top of an emotion or flaw, all it takes is one login to exhume what we think we buried lol. I think the enemy gets a kick out of how highly we think of ourselves and our ability to overcome things on our own. Truth is, it’s a lifelong process. Runners take your mark…

1. Your comments give me butterflies! Like seriously! Always so poetic and a definite extension of my thoughts! Thank you for being honest alongside me my fellow vulnerab-ite!!! 😘 #LifelongProcess #RunnersTakeYourMark 😎

10. 3000 says:

Going with vulnerab-ites! Excellent read. I’m applauding you for being so honest about your thoughts, we all struggle to match up to the competition. Thank you for sharing this revelation.

1. Vulnerab-ites it is!!! Keywords there… We all struggle! 🙂 The honesty is hard, but it’s so relieving at the same time! Thank you my #1 fan ☺️