“Being Authentic = Rich” -Oprah

“I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as I’ve rich as I’ve become. If I had, I’d have done it a lot earlier.” – Oprah Winfrey

UUmm Oprah… My Vulnera-bites and I have a couple of questions for you.

2016 ESSENCE Festival Presented By Coca-Cola Ernest N. Morial Convention Center - Day 3

Number one… What does that even mean? I’ve been me my whole life and I’m yet to receive a check that reads…. “Payable to Mac for being herself.”

Number two… What does it mean to be my authentic self? Authentic means being my genuine original self. And my genuine original self wants to watch YouTube videos and eat Flamin’ Hot Cheetos all day.

Number three… So you mean to tell me that you were “just Oprah” and that made you rich? — Well, you’re Oprah… so probably…lol. Ok, no seriously. Before you were “OPRAH” you were just like me. There was something that happened between then and now. What was it?

Ok, let me step down off of my facetious soap box.

I think  Madam O is urging me to cherish my original hearts desires. To pursue my genuine passions. When I do what I sincerely WANT to do, I do it BETTER than I do everything else. I’m happy to do it and I create a more pleasant experience for my clients.

Good Experience + Happy clients = Referrals …..and more business means more money.

Ta-da! There is the secret formula!

I finished reading “Maximize Your Potential” by Myles Munroe last month…and my most cherished take-away is this… What I was purposed to do, I have been equipped with all I need to do it. What a relief! It’s like building a desk from Ikea. God sees the picture on the box… all we see are the pieces. We have everything we need to create the desk, we just have to put in the work. This is where I’ve fallen short… putting in the work. But not anymore! My desire for a different life is greater than my need to be comfortable. I hope everyone is taking notes as I escape this “rat race” life.

“Don’t worry about being successful, but work towards being significant and success will naturally follow.”  – Oprah Winfrey

UUmm.. I don’t want success to follow me… I want it to jump on me and take over my life. Lol…Ok, seriously…Before we can be significant, we have to overcome timidity and this fellow blogger says it best! Our drive in life has to come from something larger than just making money. This is  a good reminder for me to constantly check my hearts motives as I dive into this entrepreneur life.

Who can say that their life is better since I’ve become a part of it?

HHmmm…. Hard question… But a good one. I’m not looking for answers, but rather for all of us to ask ourselves, what value are we bringing to the people around us?

Does anyone else have questions for Oprah? The way the internet is set-up, She might actually see our questions! 🙂

PS. Kudos to my friend Esther for starting her new YouTube channel this week!

My darling Vulnera-bites… See you in two weeks!

PS. Thanks for journey-ing  through life with me! If you know someone who might enjoy this, share my heart with them and remember to subscribe so we can keep in touch (top right corner)! Oh yeah and comment (top left corner)! You’d be surprised how your comments encourage other readers— because other readers, do read the comments! Don’t you? lol

1. Sistah inspire says:

This post resonates so much with me! I agree that folks don’t know what to say to singles and instead say things that really don’t make any sense…and sometimes we believe it. But on my journey I have chosen to accept that I’m being prepared for myself and to be a married woman after God’s own heart.
    Like I’m learning to cook not for the purpose of feeding a man but so that I know how to cook lol

My favorite line is: “you’re next” or “don’t worry, God’s preparing him” .

1. Lol.. yes cook honey because YOU gotta eat!

You’re next!!!! Hahahaa… good one!!!

2. One of my favorite sayings is “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!” So YESSSS to this post!!! It’s refreshing and encouraging, and such a timely reminder to know we’ve all been equipped to do what we are purposed to! Most of the time it’s fear of failure (at least for me!) or we get stuck in the comparison trap, wanting to do what so-and-so is doing, when God is like “Honey! Focus on Me. What I have in store for you will blow your mind! And get this…It’s just for you. But you gotta step out and Trust me! Tap into Me. That fear or whatever is keeping you from moving forward…is not from Me.” *Giggles* to the IKEA reference! Lord knows I’ve had many late-night dates with pieces of their future! Haha. Thanks for sharing!!😘

3. Joelle Isidor says:

Loved the Ikea reference.

4. Naomie Jean says:

Nice post Mac. I captivated by the phrase “My desire for a different life is greater than my need to be comfortable. I hope everyone is taking notes as I escape this “rat race” life.”

1. Yes ma’am! Hope it captivates and encourages you!

5. Esther says:

“Our drive in life has to come from something larger than just making money” … thank you for this timely post. PS thanks for the plug😘

1. Exactly. You got it boo! ❤️️

6. sunloveraliciareg says:

You’re so right about the drive to do something shouldn’t be money. You have to do want you have the passion for and what you feel happy doing. It makes that ‘working for it’ so much more enjoyable and fulfilling xx

1. Yes honey! It makes the ‘working for it’ so much more enjoyable. Exactly.

7. Hey there!! Thank you for the shout out! It really means a whole heck of a lot to me that my words mean more to others then just simple words! I really enjoyed this post! I think that life’s journey is something that we should share with others! You are doing a great job at it! I loved it when you stated, “God sees the picture on the box… all we see are the pieces.”. SO. TRUE. Keep on going!
    T.

1. T! Your blogs are awesome girl! Seems they’ve even gotten better since you got married! Lol — Had to find a way to plug you in there… the post was awesome! #FellowBloggerLove

1. Such kind words! Thank you for the encouragement!!

8. Ibsen says:

Two weeks? Why? I was looking forward to your next post and now you say two weeks? 😦 Seriously, thank you for encouraging us to make a difference in someone’s life and to strive for money as a “nice to have” instead of “a must” when we do things. You’ve certainly enriched my and my family’s life with your love, time and thoughtful things you do with and for us in these past 2 years. You’re a blessing. Thank you 🙂

1. Ibsen!!! Maybe one day I will have the guts to start posting every week…lol. Yes! “Nice to have” VS. “Must” — it’s so easy to blur that line, because although a “want” its also a “need”. Are you trying to make me cry? You know I love your family dearly. The pleasure is all mine.

“My desire for a different life is greater than my need to be comfortable” Amen to this!! Comfort is a killer of dreams.

1. VP! After we shout out Amen… let’s become intentional with our actions 🙂

10. Kay Luv says:

Yes… “What I was purposed to do, I have been equipped with all I need to do it.” Love it. Great read.

1. Yes! What a relief right? Thanks friend.