I’m Doing it Afraid.

Morning Vulnerabites…. So I’m nervous. I told myself that after my self-sabotaging karate kick that let the opportunity in Brooklyn slip right through my fingers, I would make more of an effort to #TMC (Take More Chances). So that’s what Im doing folks… and I am nnneeerrrvvvooouuusssss.

life

I submitted a quote of a couple thousand dollars for an opportunity in a neighboring state (let’s call it The Island) and TODAY they discuss the possibility of bringing me in… YIKES! Let me sort through my feelings on this screen….

1. I want the opportunity, as it would be a great space for me to reach a different audience, to help people I don’t ordinarily have access to, a pretty cool resume builder and not to mention more dollars in my business account.
  2. I don’t want the opportunity, because I’m afraid of “messing up.” I mean what if I get there and just ‘flop’…. Yikes! But, I only miss the shots that I don’t take, right? I’m in “on the job training” and I’m figuring this all out as I go, with the help of my amazing mentor of course. And quite frankly, who cares if I mess up… I’m human right. I really need to learn how to hold myself to a standard of grace and release the claws of perfection that I grip myself with so tightly.

In life, I either win or I learn— there’s no losing 🙂

In addition to giving that quote, I got an email last week from the organization I am Nationally Certified with asking if I would be interested in an opportunity in another state (let’s call it The Spring). I said “YES!”…. Even though I really wanted to pretend that I didn’t get the email, because as much as I want to do my business full time… I am SCARED folks! Like seriously. But, all I hear is Joyce Meyer’s voice in the background saying… “Do it afraid!”

I don’t know where these “inquiries” will take me… but I’m grateful for them. They are a step further than I was this time last year, and for that I am excited.

I do understand why most people don’t venture out into entrepreneurship… because there is no guarantee that all your effort and hard work will pay off, and I totally get that… but I’m out here giving it a try.

So, cheers to the honest space of my journey… I’ll keep you posted my vulnerabites.

1. Thank you friend! 🙂

1. She Speaks says:

I see someone appearing on the cover of Forbes soon. Lol!

In all seriousness, it has been a blessing to see your growth. I remember where you were last year 😄. Pursuing your dreams is the best gift you could ever give yourself and this world. We were made for SO MUCH MORE.

Proud of you and the wonderful opportunities that lie ahead. Carpe Diem!

1. #2 … it’s the consistent friends like YOU in my life that make this journey “special” (I can’t think of another word). Our friendship has taught me so much! I literally remember our conversation where I had absolutely ZERO interest in vision boards… and let’s not talk about how I’ve become the queen of them…lol

Cheers to pursuing our purpose-filled dreams!

Thank You Friend. I Love You.

The only failure is not trying at all. You don’t want to look back 20 years from now wondering if you should have.

1. Aaawww thank you VP 😌

3. Ibsen says:

Woooow! Congratulations! I’m so excited for you because you’re such an amazing person 😀

1. Iiiibbbbsssseeennnn!!!! You’re too sweet! Thank you for your kind words!

4. Melludi says:

Over here watching the Good Dinosaur with you know who and the dinosaur just said “if you ain’t afraid you ain’t alive”…I concur. It’s part of our humanity. But it’s what you decide to do with that fear that counts. Don’t let it cripple or stifle you girl. I’m excited for your opportunities! And yes, do it afraid. If you mess up (and I believe you won’t) you’ll learn from it and build. C’est la vie!

1. The Good Dinosaur!!! Hahahaa! Sooo much revelation in that movie! You are so faithful to reading this blog! I value you friend!

Heroes aren’t people who are fearless, but people who do things even though they are afraid. You never know who you are inspiring by doing what you have been called to do, so go ahead…Do it afraid and shout when you are successful, because there are plenty standing beside you saying…You Can Do It!

1. Aaaawww thanks Joelle! That means a lot 😌

6. Dyanna Petrellese says:

In life, I either win or I learn— there’s no losing ☺
    Exciting opportunities! DO IT AFRAID! Needed that word today!

XOXO

Best regards,
    Dyanna

“There are two great days in a person’s life — the day we are born…
    and the day we discover why”.
    ~ William Barclay

1. Aaaawww D! Glad somebody else needed this as much as I did. Big Hugs!