Hope the New Year is being good to you! Mine has been a little busier than I would’ve hoped, but hey… I’ll take it 🙂
Happy New Year to you!
But as promised in the acceptance speech of receiving my first blog award … Here are 10 things about your Naked Writer:
1. I love Flamin Hot Cheetos. Like an almost ceremonial sacrificial type of affection… there’s a childhood nostalgia attached to this snack. Thank you Kay for always buying me a bag! No other friend has ever bought me so many bags.lol
2. The only thing I can do over and over again without ever getting tired of it is…. TRAVEL!!! My mom sent me to Paris for my 13th birthday, and it’s been history since.
3. I lived in Africa for 3 years. Spent almost a year in east Africa, Tanzania and Kenya. Then moved to west Africa, Ghana for two years. Hope to get to South Africa this year
4. I’ve been vegan for almost 6 months. Exhales. That’s been hard for me to say out loud, because I don’t want to be thrown into some “hippies of the 21st century” box. I didn’t plan to be, was testing the theories in documentaries for a week, and here I am 24 weeks later, still testing it…lol
5. I don’t like to talk about my relationship, and the ONE blog that explains why I don’t talk about him is my most viewed piece. Oh, the irony of life.
6. I want the experiences of my own life to initiate a positive change in others. Being vulnerable isn’t about me… it’s about us. My wildest dream: for the Vulnerabite community to flourish into millions across the globe, with the loyalty of Star Wars fans. Thanks for asking Esther! 🙂
7. Sometimes I don’t know what I feel until I’ve written it out. Yes! I was the middle school girl who had ‘Dear Diary’ moments… still am 🙂
8. I’m an extrovert, with strong introvert tendencies. I value time with myself. Like, I really do.
9. I don’t have a best friend, but I think I want one. Bae is definitely my highest human relationship on this earth, but he kinda doesn’t count…lol. Where is the Gayle to my Oprah!?!?
10. I think my pink lipstick throws people off sometimes…lol… I always get the famous, “Oh you don’t look like a Christian”… hhhmm, whatever that means! But I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as my Lord & Savior. Like a for real Christian.
BONUS: I am Haitian American.
My family migrated from the resilient nation of Haiti.
The Naked Writer
PS. Did you find these tidbits about me interesting? Anything else you’d be interested in knowing about me? Talk Soon.