There’s Something About Mac.

Hope the New Year is being good to you! Mine has been a little busier than I would’ve hoped, but hey… I’ll take it 🙂

Happy New Year to you!

But as promised in the acceptance speech of receiving my first blog award … Here are 10 things about your Naked Writer:

IMG_7089_preview

1. I love Flamin Hot Cheetos. Like an almost ceremonial sacrificial type of affection… there’s a childhood nostalgia attached to this snack. Thank you Kay for always buying me a bag! No other friend has ever bought me so many bags.lol

2. The only thing I can do over and over again without ever getting tired of it is…. TRAVEL!!! My mom sent me to Paris for my 13th birthday, and it’s been history since.

3. I lived in Africa for 3 years. Spent almost a year in east Africa, Tanzania and Kenya. Then moved to west Africa, Ghana for two years. Hope to get to South Africa this year

Connect With Me on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook

4. I’ve been vegan for almost 6 months. Exhales. That’s been hard for me to say out loud, because I don’t want to be thrown into some “hippies of the 21st century” box. I didn’t plan to be, was testing the theories in documentaries for a week, and here I am 24 weeks later, still testing it…lol

5. I don’t like to talk about my relationship, and the ONE blog that explains why I don’t talk about him is my most viewed piece. Oh, the irony of life.

IMG_7244_preview copy

6. I want the experiences of my own life to initiate a positive change in others. Being vulnerable isn’t about me… it’s about us. My wildest dream: for the Vulnerabite community to flourish into millions across the globe, with the loyalty of Star Wars fans. Thanks for asking Esther! 🙂

7. Sometimes I don’t know what I feel until I’ve written it out. Yes! I was the middle school girl who had ‘Dear Diary’ moments… still am 🙂

8. I’m an extrovert, with strong introvert tendencies. I value time with myself. Like, I really do.

Connect With Me on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook

9. I don’t have a best friend, but I think I want one. Bae is definitely my highest human relationship on this earth, but he kinda doesn’t count…lol. Where is the Gayle to my Oprah!?!?

10. I think my pink lipstick throws people off sometimes…lol… I always get the famous, “Oh you don’t look like a Christian”… hhhmm, whatever that means! But I’m a believer in Jesus Christ, as my Lord & Savior. Like a for real Christian.

BONUS: I am Haitian American.

My family migrated from the resilient nation of Haiti.

IMG_7119_preview 2

Connect With Me on Instagram , Twitter and Facebook

PS. Did you find these tidbits about me interesting? Anything else you’d be interested in knowing about me? Talk Soon.

1. Yayyy!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I’m an introvert, with strong extrovert tendencies. 😂 haha. Also, you are GAWGEOUSSS!!!😍

2. Ita Shares says:

I don’t have a best friend too, just close friends 🙂

1. Hahahaa!!! Glad I’m not the only one.

1. Ita Shares says:

Me too 😊
        Now following your blog, hope you follow mine too 😊

1. Yep! Followed your blog too!

3. Cay says:

I think I knew almost everything on here. As everyone already mentioned, gorgeous pictures.

4. KayLuv says:

You’re welcome! Proud of you lady.♥️

5. Jaylin says:

Beautiful pictures Mac 😍

Congrats on your blog award.

7. 3000 says:

Love this blog…and love those photos. Keep it up Mac!!!

1. Aaawww! Why thank you ☺️

Keep doing what you do and being who you are…you are changing the world one word at a time…

1. Wow!!! Am I really though? Lol … 🙃 I sure would hope so!

9. Oooooooh you’ve lived in Africa!! So cool! Loved reading about you! Xx 😘

1. Yes I did! Thanks hon ☺️💋

10. Sasainspires says:

People have actually told you that you don’t look like a Christian because of your lipstick? That’s a topic for discussion…Christian women can still be beautiful and attractive and sexy while still being saved.

I’m not surprised by the dear diary moments. You were a writer all along…did you actually keep a diary/journal?

1. Lol… no no no…. not BECAUSE of the lipstick…. but I do get the comment —- lol. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Yep! I kept a diary! An actual journal… and I still do. Threw some out recently, they were dated back to over 5 years ago 😬

PS…. why you ain’t sleeping? 😝

11. I love your pink lipstick! It’s bold which means your confidence is through the rough, and there’s nothing better than confidence.

1. 😂😂😂 …. thank you Tati! ❤️

1. That was supposed to say roof 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️ I’m sorry, during 21 days of prayer and fasting I gave up large iced coffee lol

1. Lol… I thought you meant through and through 🤷🏾‍♀️ No worries!

12. Yaa Yaa says:

You lived in Ghana?!?! I’m Ghanaian. What part(s) did you live in?
    How cool is that. I’d love to learn more about your experiences living in Africa.

I feel you on needing a Gayle to my Oprah. It’s funny. I call my hubby my BFF and he thinks that is so weird.

Very interesting tidbits, Mac. Thanks for sharing!

Now I’m heading off to read “Why I Don’t Discuss My Relationship…

1. Hey Yaa Yaa! Oh fantastic! Lol … do you live there now?

I lived in Accra…. Korle Gonno to be specific, I also traveled to Cape Coast, Kumasi and the north (can’t remember the name of the town now).

Glad you enjoyed it! Hugs 🙂

1. Yaa Yaa says:

My father is from Ghana. But, I live in North Carolina. Haha.

1. Lol… ok gotcha! ☺️

2. I have plans to visit NC… specifically Elevation Church —- one day!

1. tyedgeblog says:

Oooh. Can we carpool? I wanna go, but I know parking must be bananas there.

13. Interesting post and I live in Ghana! 🇬🇭
    Nice to know you’ve lived here before. How did you find it and what did you do when you were here, if you don’t mind me asking?

1. Oohh Sharon! Not sure I can pack two years worth of living in Ghana in a comment… lol.

But Ghana was great! I enjoyed every minute of it.

1. Haha that’s alright. It’s good to know you’ve been here and guess what, I went to high school in Korle Gonno.

1. Wow! Small world! So are you Gaa?

1. Very small world! No I’m not Ga but I can speak the Ga language.

1. Mandy says:

Interesting convo going on here. I am Ga😀

1. Ok! Lol… loving that I have Ghanaian Vulnerabites ☺️❤️

2. Hi there Mandy! 😀 I’m half Ewe, half Akuapem

1. Mandy says:

Oh wow! I’m half Fante, half Ga. 😊

1. 😊😊 really nice to meet you Mandy!

1. Look at my Vulnerabites connecting with each other! Oh I love it! Believe this is the budding of my wildest dreams—- growing my Vulnerabite community! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾

2. Yesss and the community is going to keep growing! Really love what you’re doing on the blog and I think it’s something that should be worldwide

3. You’re too kind Sharon 😘❤️

4. Mandy says:

Same here, Sharon 😊

14. tyedgeblog says:

Fun post, fellow vegan! 🙂

1. Bahahahaa!!! I had no idea! Cheers to plant-based living!