Guess what y’all? I just received another bloggers award! Whoop! Whoop! What a lovely way to Celebrate two years of blogging! Two Awards in Two Years! Sweet!
Drifty, thank you so much for recognizing my blog. I’m humbled and honored to have my Vulnerabite community acknowledged and appreciated. I am sincerely grateful to you for this award!
I gladly accept this Sunshine Blogger Award on behalf of the entire Vulnerabite community!In sharing 10 Fun Facts about myself after receiving my first blog award, ironically I learned some interesting things about my Vulnerabites too… and some of you even made your own connections in the comment section! #HappyTears
I am thrilled for you to answer these ‘interview’ questions from Drifty!
1. Why did you start blogging?
Aside from my friends begging me to start one? lol. I wanted to create a space where I could share ‘real life’ and people would know that they are not alone in the challenging spaces of life.
Life is just way better in community… and I’m thrilled that my blog gives Vulnerabites a place to find comfort and connection in the ‘unspoken’ places of life.
2. What are your hopes for your blog?
My hope is for this blog to be a stepping stone into a greater Vulnerabite experience. I imagine that one day, I’ll create in-person Vulnerabite encounters… where we can meet fellow Vulnerabites, share from authentic places, hear from the “Iyanlas and Brene’s” of our generation and leave equipped in self awareness, emotional intelligence tools and new friends to navigate the rest of our lives as a better version of ourselves.
3. What’s something that you’d like to blog about, but haven’t done yet?
I’d like to one day blog about some experiences that still bring me shame. When I finally blog about it, I’ll know the shame has been broken.
4. What are you working on outside of blogging?
Uummm…you mean other than my entire life? … lol.
5. Are there any dreams you’ve had for many years?
I’ve dreamt about being offered a multi-million dollar book deal to share my life’s experiences… sort of like a “Memoir of Mac” with a more provocative title of course.
6. What’s your favourite thing about where you currently live?
My husband! lol… No seriously, The sunshine and the beaches!
7. What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
Move to Africa (by myself) at 21 years old.
8. What are your most and least favourite things about blogging?
Favorite – Reading comments from Vulnerabites who can relate to my experiences… those who might share it or even gain some insight from it. Makes the sharing feel worthwhile!
Least Favorite – Not getting paid for it!
9. What kind of content do you want to see or make more of?
I want to keep creating content that is vulnerable, authentic and honest.
10. What’s your funniest memory?
Anything that has ever happened with my younger sister.
11. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a blogger?
Stay authentic to Mac.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award that’s given to bloggers who make us smile, entertain us, uplift us, or make content that we enjoy. It’s an award that’s used to acknowledge someone’s contributions as a blogger.
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
And the Nominees Are…
- Journey 2 One
- UnKajed Thoughts
- Just My Thoughts
- Everyone Needs Motivation and I’m Here to Give it
- Sunlover Lifestyle
- Talking with Tati
- Mandie Talks Avenue
- Balanced Living: Mind, Body & Spirit
- Melanated Writer
My Questions for My Nominees…
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your hopes for your blog?
- What’s something that you’d like to blog about, but haven’t done yet?
- What are you working on outside of blogging?
- Are there any dreams you’ve had for many years?
- What’s your favourite thing about where you currently live?
- What is the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
- What is your most and least favourite things about blogging?
- What kind of content do you want to see more of?
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned as a blogger?
The Naked Writer